autostart video when scene is acticve

fred_dev

autostart video when scene is acticve

Post by fred_dev »

I want to be able to select a scene blind (say on the left side of the system) and when I crossfade have the video start as soon as that video is used in the output (so as soon as the crossfade begins. This way when I crossfade the video will always play at the start. Autoplay will start playing as soon as I click on that storage slot, and with autoplay turned off when I crossfade to that storage slot the file does not start playing. Is there some way to do what I want?
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: autostart video when scene is acticve

Post by Guertler »

Hello fred_dev,

The wanted bahvior of MADRIX is at the moment not possible.

But if you work with only one Storage and different Places you will be able to get the desired behavior if automatic start of the video is activated.
Always when you activate the desired storage place the video will start to play. The set fade time will also work if you activate different Place at the same Storage and with the help of the thumbnails and name you will be able to find the correct video at the desired time.

I hope this will help you.
fred_dev

Post by fred_dev »

This is how I was doing things, but the issue is that the videos interrupted each other, pressing on a storage would start the video but it would cause an unacceptable freeze in the playing video which makes it unusable.

Is there another way to start playback, what about using pause and some kind of script? I was surprised that the glitch happens but it was consistent across a number of machines. It seems when the storage is active the video is already loaded (and if autoplay is not on then it is not playing but playing it does not cause any glitch to the output). When I click on another storage it first loads the video and then if autoplay is on starts to play it. The loading of the video in the same side causes the glitch.

I am new to Madrix, (I did not choose it for this job but it was already part of the plan) but very surprised that this functionality is missing, the ability to preload videos without interrupting playback is pretty basic media playback functionality. Every other solution I can think of has a seamless load and transition ability.

How can I get around this? The solution you offered is not really acceptable. Can I link functions with midi in the background? Scripting? Anything?
Schulze
Support
Support

Post by Schulze »

Hi fred_dev.

Thank you for your report. Unfortunately there seems to be an issue within the SCE Videoeffect. That means this is not the normal behavior. We will hand it over to the software developers.

"Can I link functions with midi in the background?"
1) Yes, here you can learn how to use MIDI-IN in the MADRIX 5 software:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/madrix/hidd_midi_in.html

2) Of course there are also MADRIX 5 Script functions available for MIDI and the SCE Video effect:
- Here you will find all available script functions of the SCE Video effect:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/script/h ... video.html
- Here you will find the necessary MIDI functions:
http://help.madrix.com/m5/html/script/h ... htsub=mIDI

I hope this helps you.