CITP

Write here what nice effects or shows you have done with MADRIX or ask other users.

Moderator: MADRIX Team

kingbeck

CITP

Post by kingbeck »

Hi Guys,
is the madrix citp active.

Regards.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Re: CITP

Post by Wissmann »

no, not yet.
Just for our interest, what kind of lighting desk or software you have in mind using MADRIX with citp?
LEDs are nothing without control ;-)
OKsystems

Post by OKsystems »

Martin M1
I hope this will come very soon :) ?????
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

OK, OK, Ok ....
you have pushed CITP now one step higher in our TODO List which grows currently 3 times faster as we are able to handle :(
Because of CITP here the development of a new effect is one step down in our TODO list ;-)
Nate Nohling

Post by Nate Nohling »

What about Jands Vista/Byron? Im running Byron for some stuff now, and I would love to be able to use Madrix along with it.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi Nate,
i do not realy understand your post.
Did you mean Jands Vista/Byron could be used with CITP?
Or is your question about how to use MADRIX with Jands?
Geert

Post by Geert »

http://www.madrix.com/en/home/forum/for ... f,1/t,178/

I've been waiting for 1,5 years for this.

I use Chamsys desks, and i probably would use Madrix if CITP had been implemented. But now i have sold my Madrix, and got me Arkaos... With previews on my desk!

Frankly i'm surprised that it takes this long, especially when Madrix markets itself as a professional mediaserver.
Wissmann
Developer
Developer

Post by Wissmann »

Hi geert,
I can understand that you are not happy waiting a long time or a feature.
But if the support of citp is the only feature you are interested in why you have wait such a lot of time ?
I mean every body knows that we develop all over the time new feature and improve existing features and all of this for free since years!
So i m sorry we was not fast enouph for you and i wish you a lot of fun with your new solution!
Geert

Post by Geert »

What happened is this:

I bought Madrix in November 2009, and my Chamsys stuff in December.

That's when i found out that Madrix didn't (and doesn't) support any protocol to communicate with a lightingdesk (except DMX in the latest version.) So i asked you on 21 dec 2009 if and when CITP would be implemented.

You answered me on dec 22, and i quote:
"yes MADRIX will support CITP and Keyboard shortcuts in the future.Unfortuantely i can not told you when. About booth feature we already think about but haven´t the time until now to realize it. At the moment i think the Keyboard shortcuts will not be available before MADRIX 3.0. The CITP protocol i hope we realized before."
So i sold Madrix in january-february 2010, and bought Arkaos, because the integration is THAT important to me (and i guess others too). I can understand it takes some time, but 19 months (!) and 4 versions later there's still no two-way communication.

If you want to play with the big boys you need to have it! At least if you want people who own a decent lightingdesk to consider MADRIX as a viable option.

For me i chose Chamsys because it is easy to learn and operate. And that's what i like about Madrix: it's easy. So for me it would be perfect to have the two working together, and learn a novice in let's say 10 minutes how to control the rig. But for that to happen i NEED CITP or someting like that.
Hertel
Sales
Sales

Post by Hertel »

@Geert Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate any feedback (positive or negative). This helps us to improve our software and hardware.

Regarding CITP: I can understand that you are disappointed because of the missing CITP protocol and you have waited a long time for that feature.

Geert we have a huge user-base of users that are constantly working with MADRIX software and hardware in most countries of the world. We have to prioritize features. But the most important part of our work is to make it easy to use and easy to understand.

Because of our user-base we changed our priorities a little bit and choose to implement other hot features first:

- new Patch developed from the ground up
- DVI patch
- touch screen user interface
- WASAPI & ASIO audio support
- MIDI remote editor
- ESTA - Streaming ACN.
- MIDI Time Code - MTC Full Message support
- Solo / Blind for Layers
- and much more.

We know many of you have been waiting for this CITP feature. It’s still on our todo list and will be solved.

Thanks for reading!
Christian Hertel
MADRIX - Sales Manager