Aura 8 with artnet node

Moderator: MADRIX Team

skypoint

Aura 8 with artnet node

Post by skypoint »

Hi, I'm a newbie in Aura, ArtNet, ecc.
I watched Madrix YouTube videos, I read the manual but I can't understand how turn on a red color with a cue (or more generally: run a color command and see a variation).
I have just bought an Aura 8.
I developed a JavaScript app to manage lights (with software and a ArtNet controller). With my app all works fine! I can manage my lights. I can also access to Aura web control page. Awesome!
Next step: I connected my pc (192.168.5.172) to Aura 8 (192.168.5.173) via Ethernet, and I connected Aura 8 to my Artnet node (Showtec net-2/3 with ip 192.168.5.175) via Ethernet too, then I connected my light via DMX to Artnet node.
My app continues to work!

Problem:
Now, how can send cue to my light? I think if I run "Color Red" cue then I should see red. Is correct my idea?

Question: Is my network in a correct configuration?

I have:
  • Aura 8
    Showtec net-2/3
    a PC
    1 DMX light

Thanks for any help.
Schulze
Support
Support

Re: Aura 8 with artnet node

Post by Schulze »

Hi skypoint,

Welcome to the MADRIX forum!

Please double check that all devices are working in the same IP address range and if the Showtec interface is able to work in the 192.x.x.x IP address range. I recommend to set the subnet mask to 255.255.255.0 if you use the IP address range 192.168.5.X for all devices.

I hope this helps you.
skypoint

Re: Aura 8 with artnet node

Post by skypoint »

Thanks.

The problem was Madrix sent to IP specified in "Playback" tab. So I changed that ip with the Showtec IP and all works.