How to set a destination IP when I play a recorded cue?

Moderator: MADRIX Team

skypoint

How to set a destination IP when I play a recorded cue?

Post by skypoint »

If I play a preset cue, with Wireshark, I can see Aura 8 send an ArtNet message and a DMX message to the IP and universe specified in "Playback" tab.
Then I click on Recording button, change some values on same universe with my web app, stop recording.
Now I aspect to see my changes but nothing happens. With Wireshark I see the destination IP is: 255.255.255.255.
I aspect the IP was the same specified in "Playback" tab.

What am I wronging?
What are the steps to recording and play those changes?

Thanks.
Guertler
Support
Support

Re: How to set a destination IP when I play a recorded cue?

Post by Guertler »

Hello skypoint,

If you want to record data via the AURA please make sure the playback is stopped. Otherwise the record will not start.

The AURA will record the data of the assigend Art-Net universe which is will be set at the "Recording" menu of the AURA. That means your desired lighing controller needs to send the this universe out in broadcast or unicast mode. In case of unicast please make sure the Art-Net data will be send to the IP address of the AURA. Otherwise it won't be recorded.

The IP address of 255.255.255.255 means the limited broadcast IP address. If you are using a network router, limited broadcast data won't be forwarded by the router.
skypoint

Re: How to set a destination IP when I play a recorded cue?

Post by skypoint »

Yes, the problem was
In case of unicast please make sure the Art-Net data will be send to the IP address of the AURA. Otherwise it won't be recorded.
Solved.
Thanks!!