Search found 18 matches

by cadillackid
Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:58 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Load Cue List from DMX?
Replies: 1
Views: 28960

Load Cue List from DMX?

is there a way to load cue lists via remote DMX? I want to be able to have multiple Cue lists Saved and call them up as say a song starts.. the workaround I have been using is to have a large cue list and then use remote DMX Goto and send my pointer to a spot in it .. trouble is if I make a change t...
by cadillackid
Wed Dec 09, 2015 5:54 pm
Topic: hardware and SCE screen capture
Replies: 3
Views: 44555

Re: hardware and SCE screen capture [SOLVED]

I figured I would come back and post the resolution I found for this issue in case it can help others.. it ended up being that the Graphics card on the original Server was just too whimpy.. it was onboard graphics.. when I switched to a slightly more powerful machine.. (core i7-5820k) and with a mid...
by cadillackid
Mon Nov 30, 2015 2:50 pm
Topic: hardware and SCE screen capture
Replies: 3
Views: 44555

hardware and SCE screen capture

I am using an SCE screen capture over a small area of my screen as there is a random effects generator (vidualizer) that creates some things i want to display on the lights. this works except it seems my MADRIX and system get bogged down when that effect is called.. to the point that delays occur tr...
by cadillackid
Mon Nov 02, 2015 9:37 pm
Topic: entec pro, can not activate Input
Replies: 2
Views: 35528

Re: entec pro, can not activate Input

I think your best bet is to use e1.31 to control madrix from LOR, thats how I do it.. I call up storage bins and set cue lists / advance from LOR to MADRIX, I dont use an iDMX since e1.31 is supported as an input in MADRIX. I used to use my enttec as an output to regular LOR controllers as part of t...
by cadillackid
Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:07 pm
Topic: recommended hardware SPECs?
Views: 56895

recommended hardware SPECs?

as im looking to purchase a touchscreen device to run my MADRIX 3 on, I am looking for suggestions on what the real world specs need to be to run it .. I have tried running MADRIX 2 on a laptop and then using a Wi-Fi connected iPAD to control it.. however with web and with only being able to run the...
by cadillackid
Sat Jan 19, 2013 7:45 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Passing arguments to MAS script?
Views: 31814

Passing arguments to MAS script?

Is there a way to directly or indirectly pass arguments to an MAS script? I want to have a script alter its operation based on different things when I run it... so can scripting say read the value of a fixture? or can I send arguments from the remote control via DMX and read them in a script? for ex...
by cadillackid
Wed Dec 12, 2012 6:16 am
Forum: Wishes and Feature Requests
Topic: I need to be able to store patchmaps with the scenes
Replies: 5
Views: 69436

Re: I need to be able to store patchmaps with the scenes

this could be HUGE for me.. I have a patch stored that has my Mega christmas tree in a Grid as some effects look perfect on it as a grid.. I have another patch which has that same Mega tree in the shape of a Tree.. and yet another that has it in the shape of a star.. all the same fixtures physically...
by cadillackid
Thu Dec 06, 2012 5:01 am
Topic: Madrix with LED Strips! HEEELPPP!
Replies: 11
Views: 127904

Re: Madrix with LED Strips! HEEELPPP!

I will second the E682 board by SanDevices.. im using them for my Christmas lights.. a total of 1600 Pixels all with individual pixel control.. im using TLS-3001 Pixels and no matter what effects I throw at it, it just responds beautifully.. I bought my controlllers fully completed just for the fact...
by cadillackid
Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:42 pm
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Wierd Fixture color issue - only "sees" Red.
Replies: 5
Views: 52143

Re: Wierd Fixture color issue - only "sees" Red.

I also have found out now that I guess i cannot have more than one fixture with the same DMX address.. my guess is by design or things could get hairy.. I was trying to get crafty and have my Mega-Tree in 2 places.. and some other string lights too.. which is what prompted the "red" thing....
by cadillackid
Fri Nov 30, 2012 2:32 pm
Topic: tracking mode?
Replies: 4
Views: 54240

Re: tracking mode?

what i do for this exact situation is I copy the storage bin to a new one and then add layers for my other areas of the map.. so for instance you want your tubes to do the exact same thing, but then have your cans change effect. build a storage bin with Just your tubes and the effect you want them t...