by RockitFX
Wed Sep 20, 2023 1:16 am
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: DMX Input Mapping
Replies: 2
Views: 1506

DMX Input Mapping

Hello!

In the user manual I can find information about using the Remote Control feature, but I cannot find information about what DMX input mapping is, or how to use it. Can you point me to the info? Thanks!

Cheers,

Eric
by RockitFX
Fri Sep 15, 2023 3:35 am
Topic: LED Fixtures With Extra Channels
Replies: 1
Views: 1226

LED Fixtures With Extra Channels

Hello! Here's my situation: I have several Chauvet Colorband T3BT that I need to patch, but in addition to RGB channels there are additional channels for dimming & FX. I need a way to keep the dimmer channels always at 255, but I'm not sure how to do this. Please send help! Bonus question: I als...
by RockitFX
Tue Sep 12, 2023 12:59 am
Topic: Using Madrix to trigger SPFX
Views: 1339

Using Madrix to trigger SPFX

Hello! TL;DR- Is there a way to trigger cryo jets/confetti using a hot key or midi button in Madrix? I have a client that is currently using Madrix & Light Jockey to control his club lights. Madrix is doing the heavy lifting, Light Jockey is only being used to control his analog RGB strips &...
by RockitFX
Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:47 pm
Topic: GPU vs CPU
Views: 4237

GPU vs CPU

I'm hoping someone can provide me with clarity regarding the tasks performed by the GPU and CPU. I have used Madrix in several lighting installations (via Artnet>DMX), and I've always thought that the actual image processing all took place on the GPU. Now, after reading several forum posts, I get th...
by RockitFX
Thu Oct 20, 2022 3:55 pm
Topic: Phillips Hue
Replies: 6
Views: 7003

Re: Phillips Hue

Ok, let me ask my question in a different way:

How do I find (or change) the address of the Phillips Hue bulbs? It's impossible to patch a fixture if I don't know, or can't change its address. I cannot find any information about this, which is surprising as this is a very useful feature.

Cheers
by RockitFX
Tue Oct 18, 2022 4:14 pm

When I go into device manager & highlight the universe, my bulbs come on so I know they are working. I just can't figure out how to patch them.
by RockitFX
Tue Oct 18, 2022 3:49 pm

Ok, but how do I patch the lights? Madrix only sees the Hue bridge, not the individual lights, so I have no idea how to get Madrix to communicate with the lights.

For reference, I am using some of their fillament bulbs; some are single color white & some are dual color.

Cheers
by RockitFX
Sun Oct 16, 2022 4:34 am

Phillips Hue

Hello!

I have found information in the user manual regarding discovery of the Hue bridge, which I've done, but I can't seem to find details on how to actually patch the fixtures. Has anyone had any success with this? Thanks!
by RockitFX
Wed Sep 21, 2022 4:46 am
Topic: Questions about DMX in
Replies: 9
Views: 8600

Re: Questions about DMX in

Thank you so much! Cheers
by RockitFX
Mon Sep 19, 2022 4:22 pm
Topic: Questions about DMX in
Replies: 9
Views: 8600

Re: Questions about DMX in

Thank you!

Regarding my second question, is there a tutorial somewhere that explains how to do this? Or should I just ask my IT guy to try and figure it out? Thanks again!