by MarkC
Sat Jan 27, 2018 10:57 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker
Replies: 2
Views: 36888

Re: Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Hello,

Does any of the Madrix team have a thought about this? Help a fellow Madrix lover out here :)

Mark
by MarkC
Thu Jan 25, 2018 5:44 pm
Forum: Experiences And 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker
Replies: 2
Views: 36888

Through a Script, How to add Extended Chars to Ticker

Hello, For the upcoming Valentine's Day holiday we would like to display different messages using the ticker. And we would like to build this string with the scripting language. For example, one of the messages might be something like: "Joe ♥ Mary" . I know that the ticker will accept the ...
by MarkC
Tue Dec 10, 2013 2:38 am
Forum: Experiences and 'How To' - Questions
Topic: Need to Delay a Scrolling Bitmap when it Starts
Replies: 5
Views: 53650

Re: Need to Delay a Scrolling Bitmap when it Starts

Thanks! That works great... So few lines of code, yet so powerful!
Mark
by MarkC
Mon Dec 09, 2013 7:49 pm

Re: Need to Delay a Scrolling Bitmap when it Starts

Thank you for your reply. I am familiar with the scripting and have written a couple dozen scripts. What I was having a hard time accomplishing is getting the bitmap to NOT scroll for the first half second. Then, begin scrolling up. . Could I initially have scrolling turned off, then use one of the ...
by MarkC
Fri Dec 06, 2013 6:35 pm

Need to Delay a Scrolling Bitmap when it Starts

Greeting, I have a tall bitmap that I am scrolling upwards. Right now it starts scrolling as soon as the effect is started (I am remotely triggering effects through E1.31). Is there a way to have the bitmap delay the scrolling for maybe a half second when that effect is triggered? I'd like the origi...
by MarkC
Thu Oct 18, 2012 6:55 pm
Topic: Putting Snow Behind a Bitmap (layer effect mixing question)
Replies: 1
Views: 28903

Putting Snow Behind a Bitmap (layer effect mixing question)

Greetings, My question seems specific, but it will also help me generally in understanding how the different layer mixes work. I don't fully grasp what's going on. - What I'd like to do is use the SCE Drops effect in the background to emulate falling snow. That works great. Then in the foreground I ...
by MarkC
Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:58 pm
Topic: How would you create effects shown on your home page?
Replies: 4
Views: 56688

Re: How would you create effects shown on your home page?

It's a picture on the home page when you go to www.madrix.com. It's a picture on the right side of the page above the phrase "FREE DEMO VERSION" and the picture also links to the demo download. The picture has mirroed fire on the left window, and in the rigth window some kind of multi-colo...
by MarkC
Wed Aug 29, 2012 3:38 am
Topic: How would you create effects shown on your home page?
Replies: 4
Views: 56688

How would you create effects shown on your home page?

On the Madrix homepage there are two very nice looking effects - one in each window - that I'd really like to recreate. Is there an example someplace that shows how those are created? I looked through the example files shipped with Madrix and I didn't see those two. I know you can do some amazing th...
by MarkC
Tue Oct 25, 2011 2:46 pm
Topic: Forcing an effect to start at the beginning
Replies: 7
Views: 64271

Re: Forcing an effect to start at the beginning

Thanks Dannenberg, You were right, I had it in the wrong place - and now it's working great. - I was using the Storage Place Macro and not the Effect Macro. In the past I've written a lot of MAS Script Macros but this is the first time I've tried effect macros and I didn't realize there were 3 other...
by MarkC
Mon Oct 24, 2011 8:32 pm
Topic: Forcing an effect to start at the beginning
Replies: 7
Views: 64271

Re: Forcing an effect to start at the beginning

Hi Dannenberg, Your solution looks like it would work. Thanks for helping out! Unfortunately some of these functions are not recoginized when compiling a macro. I tried the code in a regular script and it compiles OK. But when I put the same code in a macro it gives the error "The function 'Get...